As reported by The Connecticut Post and Vice News, hundreds of individuals across the country have raised allegations of sexual abuse incidents against local chapters of Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BCGA) occurring over the last fifty years. According to independent investigations conducted by Hearst Connecticut Media and Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network (RAINN), many of these incidents resulted from BCGA’s alleged failure to implement and enforce uniform policies around preventing and reporting sexual abuse at local chapters. According to The Connecticut Post, as of September 2020, 351 victims in 35 states have reported that they experienced sexual abuse tied to the Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
These are only allegations and have not at this time been proven in court.
Sauder Schelkopf has a nationally recognized litigation practice. Our former prosecutors have extensive experience representing victims of all ages.
- Sauder Schelkopf, and co-counsel, recently reached a $215 million settlement on behalf of female patients of Dr. George Tyndall, a gynecologist at the University of Southern California accused of sexual misconduct since the 1990s.
- We have represented survivors of clergy sexual abuse in dioceses throughout the country.
- We have a class action lawsuit pending on behalf of males who were victims of sexual misconduct by Dr. Richard Strauss, the Ohio State team doctor, while they were students and student-athletes at Ohio State University.
- Sauder Schelkopf filed a class action lawsuit against Dr. Patrick Sutton and Huntington Memorial Hospital located in Pasadena, California on behalf of women who were subjected to sexual misconduct by Sutton, a gynecologist at the hospital.
- We have been court-appointed as Interim Co-Class Counsel to represent former students of the University of Michigan who were victims of sexual misconduct by Dr. Robert E. Anderson, former director of University Health Service, and a former athletic team physician, who worked at the University of Michigan from 1968 until his retirement in 2003.
We Want to Hear from You
If you are a survivor of sexual abuse, you can confidentially contact the lawyers at Sauder Schelkopf by filling out the form on this page or calling 888.711.9975