Sauder Schelkopf is investigating potential litigation on behalf of veterans who were sexually abused by a former doctor at the Veterans Affairs (VA) Medical Center in Beckley, WV.
On January 25, 2021, the Department of Justice issued a press release that stated in part:
A former doctor of osteopathic medicine who previously worked at the Veterans Affairs (VA) Medical Center in Beckley, West Virginia, was sentenced today for depriving veterans of their civil rights under color of law by sexually abusing them.
U.S. Attorney Michael Stuart for the Southern District of West Virginia commented, “Military veterans who serve and sacrifice to protect our nation deserve only the best of care. [The former doctor] betrayed his oath as a physician and the veterans under his care.”
Sauder Schelkopf has a nationally recognized litigation practice fighting for survivors of sex abuse. Our former prosecutors have extensive experience representing victims of all ages.
- We have been court-appointed as Interim Co-Class Counsel to represent former students of the University of Michigan who were victims of sexual misconduct by Dr. Robert E. Anderson, former director of University Health Service, and a former athletic team physician, who worked at the University of Michigan from 1968 until his retirement in 2003.
- Sauder Schelkopf, and co-counsel, recently reached a $215 million settlement on behalf of female patients of Dr. George Tyndall, a gynecologist at the University of Southern California accused of sexual misconduct since the 1990s.
- We currently represent hundreds of individuals whose rights were violated while they were detained in a juvenile detention facility. Sauder Schelkopf and co-counsel filed a class action lawsuit on behalf of current and former students of The Glen Mills Schools who allege that they were physically and mentally abused while attending the School.
- We have represented survivors of clergy sexual abuse in dioceses throughout the country.
- We have a class action lawsuit pending on behalf of males who were victims of sexual misconduct by Dr. Richard Strauss, the Ohio State team doctor, while they were students and student-athletes at Ohio State University.
We Want to Hear from You
If you are a survivor of physical and/or sexual abuse, you can confidentially contact the lawyers at Sauder Schelkopf by filling out the form on this page or calling 888.711.9975